Hyderabad sources have reported that while all of us might be thinking that the Hyderabad Metro Rail would end the traffic woes and thus enabling the commuters to have a comfortable journey from November 28 in the city, here are the rules that one must follow before boarding the train.
1) Accordingly the commuters are allowed to sit in the seats only if available, once entered the metro rail compartment. Sitting on the floor is strictly prohibited. If found sitting on the floor, you will be fined.
2) Only luggage weighing 10kg is allowed per person. If you carry more than 10kg, you need to pay for every single kilogram after 10 kg, but the maximum cap is 40kg per passenger. This apart, the L&T Metro Rail issued guidelines for luggage bag length should not exceed 60 centimeters, width 45 centimeters, 25 centimeters of height.
3) Passengers should enter the platform within 29 minutes after purchasing ticket. Ticket will be expired after 29 minutes and you have to purchase a fresh ticket again.
4) Metro travelers are not allowed to wait for more than two hours in shopping complexes inside metro. If you stay more than two hours, authorities will fine you. Tokens will have an expiry time of two hours. If you linger in shopping area after the expiry, you will have to pay the fine. Fine can be paid from smart cards as well. Security personnel and L&T officials will be monitoring each and every moment of the passengers. CCTV cameras are installed in every metro station.
5) To regulate heavy crowds at metro stations, Portable Ticket Analyzer (PTA) machines are set up with an operator. Every passenger who enters the platform is liable to be checked by the staff at any point in time and place.